In this free-to-listen podcast we discussed four different companies covering sectors as diverse as flooring and vaping...
We then wrapped up by answering a listener question about the core things we look at when we review a set of company accounts.
Here's a summary of the topics we covered. I think it's fair to say that we had contrasting views on some of these businesses!
- 1m30: discussing recently-announced government plans to ban disposable vapes and our views on how this might affect Supreme (SUP)
- 11m45: pawnbroker H&T Group (HAT): is this a good business and are the shares attractively priced at current levels?
- 21m20: micro-cap flooring company Airea (AIEA) - what's the attraction?
- 33m45: property developer Henry Boot: do asset-backed value and a long pedigree make this the right time to invest?
- 45m30: we each explain how we approach a new set of company accounts; where do we start and what are the main things we always look for?
As always, thank you for listening. Please do get in touch if you have any comments or questions you'd like us to answer in a future episode.
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog/newsletter and I am not a financial adviser. All content is provided for information and educational purposes only. Nothing I say should be interpreted as investing advice or recommendations.
You should carry out your own research and make your own investing decisions. Investors who are not able to do this should seek qualified financial advice. Reasonable efforts are made to ensure that information provided is correct at the time of publication, but no guarantee is implied or provided. Information can change at any time and past articles are not updated.